Day Fishing Permits
Day fishing access at Lanseria Country Estate, managed by Sundowner Flyfishing Adventures (managed fishing for 11 years at Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa)
Adults and children can book and enjoy uncrowded fishing on the two dams. In summer we allow catch and release fishing for Moz Kurper, Bass, carp and barbel. In winter we pride ourselves in the fly fishing on offer for rainbow, brown and golden trout. Trout are sourced from the crystal cool and clear waters of Lydenburg, Mpumulanga. Fishers can look forward to look forward to a chance of a good fight on a fly rod as a large number of the trout between 1 - 4 kg. We limit the nr of fishers to a max of 10-12 per day. Catch and release fishing is encouraged and we provide fishing monitors to manage and assist guests on most peak days (weekends). Bring your own fly rod or hire from us. Flies are available to buy. Fly fishing rods, reels and fly lines can be ordered from us.
If you would like to learn how to fly fish or refine your skills then join one of our group or private fly fishing clinics.
Fly Fishing Day Permits
Lanseria Country Estate
- Day fishing access -Summer (low season) @ Adults/R150 Kids/R100. Catch & release fishing for bass, kurper and cat fish on two dams using bass, carp and fly equipment.
- Day fishing access - Winter (high season) @ Adults/R225 Kids/R175, Catch & release fly-fishing on two small trout dams. Times 6am-6pm.
- Afternoon fishing access - Low season @ Adults/R185/ Kids/R150. Catch & release fly-fishing on two small trout dams . Times 2:30-6pm.
High season (1 April – 30 Sep) & Low Season (1 Oct – 30 March)
- Booking process: Pre-booking and payment is recommended for all day bookings
Book online or contact us via Call/Whats App (+27834140391) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your enquiry.
Magalies Barbus Haven
- Guided small stream fly fishing clinics available. No un-unguided day fishing access available.
- Booking process: Pre-booking and payment is required for all day bookings
- Call/Whats App (+27834140391) or email (email@example.com) with your enquiry
Tackle and Sponsors
- Recommended equipment set up for beginner, intermediate fishers.
- Option to join a clinic and then we can recommend the most suitable equipment based on a review of your techniques
Fishing equipment for hire
No problem if you don't have your own fishing equipment. We have fishing equipment which you can hire for the day at Lanseria Country Estate. The equipment includes rods for bass or bait fishing (summer) as well as fly fishing rods (all year). A refundable deposit is required when guests hire fishing rods. Any damaged fishing equipment will be charged for.